Saturday, January 25, 2014

Dom Sherwood Chats with Entertainista about Vampire Academy



Interview 
 Come Feburary 7th actor Dominic Sherwood will invade movie screens everywhere as Christian Ozera in Vampire Academy. Vampire Academy is the movie adaptation of the book of the same name by author Richelle Mead. Christian is a Moroi who serves as the love interest to Vasilisa “Lissa” Dragomir (played by Lucy Fry). I recently chatted with Dominic about his role, the cast, and much more.

Entertainista: How did you prepare for the role?
Dom Sherwood: Christian is a very isolated and sarcastic person.  I very much referred back to my audition process which was grueling.  I had to audition for the role 6 times and each time it was be funny, be darker, so I really related back to that when filming.

Ent: A question from your fans on Twitter, If you’ve read the books, which is your favorite?
Dom: I’ve only read the first book in the series, many times actually.  It’s not that I am not a huge fan of the books because I am and of Richelle’s as well but we are not doing Richelle’s version of Vampire Academy but Mark [Waters] and Dan [Waters] so I wanted to make sure I was staying true to the everything.
Ent: How was the chemistry with Lucy?
DomLucy is such nice, nice person, just lovely really.  We had great chemistry going in and while it was rather intimidating walking into a room with two beautiful women [Zoey and Lucy] we got on brilliantly. 
Ent: What was a favorite scene of your to film?
Dom: The Attic Scene.  Fans of the book easily recognize this scene.  It was very much what I expected it to be. I wish I could say more without giving something away.
Ent: Another fan twitter question, are there any actors that you are inspired by or look up to?
Dom: Daniel Day Lewis because he is such an extraordinary actor but my real inspiration is my Mum. She has picked me up and encouraged me so many times.
Ent: Did you and the rest of the cast do anything to bond while on set? Were their any pranksters among you?
Dom: Well myself and Ed [Holcroft] would just hang or play catch around set, there was also a bit of football but we really just all would hang out in each other trailers or go out to dinner.  Sarah [Hyland] is a bit of prankster gave me a big scare and while I can’t say what she did you will see it right away in the film.

Thanks to Entertainista

No comments:

Post a Comment