Friday, January 3, 2014

Cameron Monaghan mentioning Vampire Academy in his interview with MetroSource




You’re also in Vampire Academy, which hits theaters on Valentine’s Day. What’s a bigger acting challenge: having a more age-appropriate hetero teen romance in a really heightened world of vampires, or playing Ian in his, arguably, more “realistic” world? 

Well, I guess I approach every role with a certain amount of respect for the character, and so I prepare a lot, and there are plenty of considerations no matter what part I’m playing. At the end of the day, every part comes with its own unique set of challenges, from auditions, to filming, to doing ADR [automated dialogue replacing] during post-production. And I think an actor’s biggest mistake would be underestimating these challenges, which results in a shoddy final product. In other words, it would be hard for me to say any role is really more difficult than another.


(Check more Of his Interview Talking about Acting, Love, Future etc)


Since this is our “Love Issue,” I wanted to start by asking: How do you define love and what does a loving relationship look like to you?
Cameron Monaghan: I think a relationship is truly loving when it moves past that infatuation period where you’re constantly thinking, “I’m so in love with this person! How amazing is that?” and instead it becomes … genuinely comfortable and happy.

When you’re creating a character’s inner emotional life, are there any particular people in your own life you look to as sources of inspiration for portraying love and relationships?
Oh, I steal from everyone. All my friends, my family and pretty much everyone I have ever met. I use their mannerisms and behavior, as well as my relationships with them, to inform my characters and their relationships. Some of that is intentional, and sometimes I’m not even aware of it. I think there’s an unsaid understanding that if you would like to become close to an artist, you will become a part of their art in one way or another.

 What has acting taught you about love? Conversely, what have you needed to learn about love in order to act, and what more do you hope to learn?
I think the most important thing a person can realize about love is how little they actually know. And I think I’m starting to learn that. That helps when you act, because you realize that the person you are playing probably knows just as little about it as you do. There’s something comforting about that. I mean, … I’d be delusional if I thought I had all the answers. Maybe I will one day when I’m an old and gray grandfather. But, for now, I think it’s better if I enjoy my cluelessness as I attempt to navigate the great big adventures that come with love. You know?

What are your hopes for the future — both personally and professionally?
I hope I get to continue this trend of finding projects that really interest me, and getting to act a diverse range of personalities. I hope I get to work with even more people I deeply admire, and learn from them. I also hope to get involved more behind the camera within the next few years with my own projects. And, most importantly, I hope to leave a positive impact on this world. In the grand scheme of things, I hope by entertaining people, I can do more good than evil.


Read More of Cameron's Interview at MetroSource

No comments:

Post a Comment